Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Little Late

So I will be out of touch for the next two weeks, but I can´t believe that I have forgotten to share another piece of information: Alpaca Steak = Yummy.

Yes, I love alpacas in a multitude of ways. The meat is very tender, with a texture like beef but has a taste more like a white meat like pork. I managed to get a combination meal of beef, lamb, and alpaca selections, and you could really taste the difference. I have yet to try Qui (guinea pig) but I´m hoping that staying in the field will afford a greater chance for such an interaction to occur. :P

1 comment:

  1. I love how you keep writing about the food there. lol. Anywho. Definitely looking forward to updates on how the field is--even though it'll probably be a bit before I get to read them. (I'm about to leave for my field school this summer and I probably won't have internet for about the first two weeks I'm out there.)

    Have fun out there!

    -K

    ReplyDelete